Snoring, Sinus & ENT Specialist
- Dr Kenny Peter Pang
- Ear, Nose & Throat Consultant
- MBBS MRCS(Edinburgh)(UK)
- Masters Medicine (ORL)
- Founder, ASEAN Sleep Surgical Society
- Founding Member, International Surgical Sleep Society
- Member, American Academy Sleep Medicine
- Member, Singapore Sleep Society
- Member, World Sleep Society
- Board Member, Italian Sleep Disorders Board
- Member, British Association of Sleep Surgeons
- Member, European Academy of Sleep Medicine
Do I need a sleep test?
Yes, for most patients who have snoring and are having un-refreshed sleep should have a sleep test done.
Do I need to stay hospital stay?
No. There are newer home based monitoring options that are just as accurate and reliable as the hospital overnight sleep test. The home based devices are also better, as the patient sleeps at home, in his natural regular environment; hence, the sleep is more physiological and would yield a more accurate result.
The current Watch PAT device has been shown to be effective and up to 93% accurate and reliable compared to the overnight full polysomnogram.